[nycphp-talk] Spring time party??

Jeff Siegel jsiegel1 at optonline.net
Thu Dec 18 19:51:41 EST 2003

Aaron,

Excuse me...but *I* happen to think that it is 40 minutes in the RIGHT
direction. Did I forget to mention that, a mere 40 minutes in the
"wrong" direction, you can be at the dock that overlooks the harbor and
Long Island sound...or did I forget to mention the local seafood
restaurants at the dock...or our local steak houses...or our sushi
restaurants (3 of them)...our Thai restaurant...or our Italian
restaurants (too many to count)...or our Mexican/Central American
restaurants (2 of them)...or our pubs with great food (again...too many
to count)...or our Chinese restaurants (too many to count) and the
restaurant service in general where you don't get treated like we did in
HRC.

And when I want to see the "big" world, besides being able to be in
Manhattan in 40 minutes with a single train ride, I could be in downtown
Flushing (25 minutes) where the food rivals ANYTHING you may find in
Manhattan's Chinatown...in fact...it's hard to classify downtown
Flushing as a little Chinatown since you can get Thai, Vietnamese,
Korean and many other types of food at great prices. A few additional
minutes and you can be at Shea Stadium (very handy when I went to the
Springsteen concert) or at the Tennis Center.

NOW what do you have to say for yourself!

Jeff
P.S. Notice how I controlled myself and didn't say that *you* lived 3
hours in the wrong direction? How's that for self-restraint?
(Ooops...darn...I said it.)

P.P.S. On a more serious note, downtown Flushing would be a great place
to meet to get some fantastic food.

Aaron Fischer wrote:

> While the park things sounds appealing I would have to agree with JK
> that verboten and alcohol != a feasible option.  Your house sounds
> great despite the fact that it's 40 minutes in the wrong direction!   ;-)
>
> -Aaron
>
> On Dec 18, 2003, at 2:40 PM, Jeff Siegel wrote:
>
>> Is there any interest in having a spring time party that's NOT at the
>> Hard Rock?  Here are two possibilities:
>>     a) meet on a weekend at Central Park. We would need a permit for
>> a  large gathering and we can reserve a "space" for our own use. We
>> can't  barbecue (which would be nice) but perhaps we can think about
>> a  six-foot hero or something like that. However, alcohol is, for the
>> most part, verboten
>> (see:  http://www.nycgovparks.org/sub_things_to_do/events/
>> ev_faqs_manhattan.html)
>>
>>     b) sunny Port Washington is only 40 minutes by train and we can
>> do  the dogs/burgers/beer thing at my home and we don't need a permit.
>>
>>     Any other ideas?
>>
>> Jeff Siegel

Found on the Simpson's Website:
"Ooooooh, they have the internet on computers now!"