[nycphp-talk] Google/Adsense -> PHP

jon baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Fri Dec 19 00:33:31 EST 2003

greetings ...

sounds like i missed a great party :-\

i have a quick question ... below is something i currently have on 2
websites which now want to integrate Google AdSense and im trying to figure
it out ... first both sites use Session URL rewrite ...

-snip-
Your website is using session ID's in the URL.
If your web pages use session ID's, you may not receive targeted ads on
those pages. Since this session ID - and therefore the URL - changes every
time a different user views a page, the URL will not be in the index and
will be queued to be crawled. Once the URL is crawled, however, the session
will most likely have expired. This means that pages seen by the users are
never in the index. You will need to remove the session ID's in order to
display targeted ads.
-snip-

However their crawler lists a User-Agent as:
Mediapartners-Google*

So does anyone think I could create a single dynamic page/catalog (acting
like static) for that user agent and then redirecting all other requests to
the main site? (http://www.website.com/google.php) ...

Offhand (I forgot the robots.txt syntax to direct all requests to that
location, anyone know?)

Will research more but wanted to see how others were handling the same
situation ...

- jon

pgp key: http://www.jonbaer.net/jonbaer.asc
fingerprint: F438 A47E C45E 8B27 F68C 1F9B 41DB DB8B 9A0C AF47