[nycphp-talk] PHP 5 install questions ...

felix zaslavskiy felix at students.poly.edu
Tue Dec 23 04:31:42 EST 2003

> i had really been hoping there would be an easier way to run php4/5 side by
> side and use .php5 files for testing (btw im extremely happy that much of my
> work was backward compatible) ... @ the moment i have a small script
> renaming php4ts.dll back and forth - in case of anything ... anyone else
> have solutions?  i would have been nice to have php5ts.dll + LoadModule
> php5_module c:\php5\sapi\php5apache2.dll
>
> one thing i noticed is that my apache logs got completely filled up w/ php
> notices on exceptions (i normally handle error handling page by page, but
> not normally on an included definition page - so i end up w/something like:
> PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant FOO - assumed 'FOO') - normal?

I been wanting to give php5 a try also. So I will experiment also.
I think its a good idea to have php5 work with .php5 files. Its possible to configure apache to do this. I can let you know once i get it done for myself.

It may be possilbe to direct all the Error stuff from php to a different log file i have to look into that.

felix