[nycphp-talk] What breaks in 4.3?

Hans Zaunere zaunere at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 2 04:06:28 EST 2003

--- Adam Fields <fields at surgam.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 11:56:28AM -0500, Adam Fields wrote:
> > I'm planning on upgrading from 4.1 to 4.3. I've heard some reports
> > that some things break in 4.3, but no specifics.
> >
> > What should I be on the lookout for?
>
> I posted this message a few days ago, but no response.
>
> Has anyone here upgraded to 4.3? Did it work well for you?

We in fact moved NYU's research application to 4.3 last week, and there has
been no indication of error.  While we don't use MySQL persistent
connections, spontaneous MySQL and Oracle connections are used heavily with
no problem.  There's also been no indication of error with all other
operations.  However, a check of:

http://www.php.net/ChangeLog-4.php

may be useful.

=====