Replacing a string within many tables, unknown columns

Lynn, Michael (DCS) MLynn at exchange.ml.com
Fri Feb 14 10:44:59 EST 2003

Wondering if anyones come across a similar problem... Probably more of a mysql question - but I'm trying to solve the problem using php.

I need to be able to replace every occurance of a string in many tables, many columns.  The string appears in tables in various places and usually embedded in a string type or var type column... The
string will not be the entire contents of the column so a replace won't work.

Eg: my development database contains url links to the development web site.  When I copy the tables to production, I want to search and replace every occurance of the development urls with production
urls throughout the entire database.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mike