[nycphp-talk] How to add lines or other drawings on top of jpeg image?

Jeremy Hise jhise at nextsource.com
Mon Feb 24 13:23:41 EST 2003

No problem. Mark is right though. Depending on what you are doing, you'll probably notice it's not the fastest thing in the world. I used it once for resizing images to thumb-nails on the fly...bad move. It takes way too long for any kind of production use...unless you have a blazing machine.

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:16:56 -0500
Elena Zagrai <ny_elena at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Jeremy. That's what I was looking for :)
>
> --- Jeremy Hise <jhise at nextsource.com> wrote:
> >
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.imagecreatefromjpeg.php
> >
> > Be sure to read the comments as well.
> >
> > After you open your jpeg, you can use all the image
> > functions to create your lines and text.
> >
> > hise
> >
> > On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:11:51 -0500
> > Elena Zagrai <ny_elena at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi everybody,
> > >
> > > I've got a jpeg file and I need to add some
> > drawings
> > > and text on top of it. I can put the text on (with
> > > regular html div box ), but I'm still struggling
> > with
> > > drawings. I have GD libraries installed. I would
> > > appreciate your help, guys...
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Elena

> > > Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, more
> > > http://taxes.yahoo.com/
> > >

> > --
> >
> > -+----------------------+
> >  | jhise at nextsource.com |