[nycphp-talk] Looking for ideas on how to allow spiders to cra wl authenticated pages

DeWitt, Michael mjdewitt at alexcommgrp.com
Mon Feb 24 21:56:05 EST 2003

Ophir,

We have tried a number of ways to raise the ranking of one site, but nothing
seems to make much of a difference.  Our thinking is that the site appears
small since so much is hidden behind free registration and that we are up
against tough competition (the US government) who offers alot of pages under
several domains and incestuous links between related sites.

I was thinking that if we opened up the free content to spiders, more people
would be aware of us, and even if they were faced with free registration,
that we offer a unique service in the field and that it would be ultimately
worthwhile.

The noarchive meta header is a great suggestion and one that I will
investigate further.

Thanks for your input.

Mike