[nycphp-talk] Using PHP on Linux with Oracle

Ian Forsyth ian at plusfour.org
Thu Feb 27 17:30:48 EST 2003

Hi,

I use php as a dynamic module in apache, in version previous to 4.3 to
compile the apache module in the configure command.. you needed to
include --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs if you did not include that, i
believe just the binary would be compiled.. meaning your newly compiled
php with the oracle library might only be in /usr/local/bin/php and not
in /usr/local/apache (or where ever the module ends up.. )

I only have experience with dynamically loading the php module, not
compiling the php module into apache.. But if you can run the oracle
extension from the command line, and not with apache.. it might have
something to do with not compiling a new apache module only the binary..

Regards,
Ian