[nycphp-talk] Memory Limit

Kayra Otaner kayraotaner at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 3 12:22:31 EST 2003

Hi,

There are two simple ways to have more free memory for your scripts :

1- You can increase memory limit from 8 Mb to any amount in php.ini file.
2- You can use 'unset()' function to unset unused variables right after you use them.

I've been working on a log parser to parse almost 1Gb web server logfile everyday. Using 'unset()'
helped me a lot.