[nycphp-talk] Livejournal posting

Sterling Hughes sterling at bumblebury.com
Mon Jan 6 13:41:00 EST 2003

> I got my lj class working for basic posting.
>
> The source is here:
>
> http://www.someoftheanswers.com/lj.phps

nice.  you might want to consider using the cURL library and php/curl
extension to do this.  It'll cut down on the code size, and greatly improve
the speed of your code (php/curl is about 4-5x faster than a custom rolled
solution, in most cases).  At the least, it might be nice to provide cURL
as an option, with the default being fsockopen().

Also, this class, were it slightly modified looks like a good addition to
the PEAR project, http://pear.php.net/, would you be interested in contributing?

-Sterling