fsockopen / scrape / html mail

Lynn, Michael (DCS) MLynn at exchange.ml.com
Fri Jan 10 10:45:16 EST 2003

While the fsockopen / scrape issue is hot...

I have a Newsletter mailing script that uses fsockopen to do just as you say:
Scrape a url and mail the contents to a list of recipients.

The only problem is that if I mail this to a user that doesn't have access to the original url, the resultant email will contain only text with errant referances to the images.  This is because the
email merely contains hrefs and src's back to the original server.

Is anyone aware of how to scrape and grab content and mail it so that the email is wholey contained and independent of the original url/server?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe,
Mike