[nycphp-talk] FTP client

Brian brian at preston-campbell.com
Sun Jan 12 19:57:34 EST 2003

http2ftp was one of about 10 clients I have mulled through over the past week.
If I recall correctly, this script merely echos a canned response upon the
completion of a file transfer and not the actual response of the FTP server.
I may have to find another solution, as there it appears there is no simple
way to do this.  pfsockopen() looked promising and I am working on a test
script right now, but I am sceptical as this function involves actual files
being read.

I will be looking at the source of some C FTP clients to get an idea of how to
receive the requisite data and how those programs handle output.  We'll see.
The command line may be the only option since the product vendor has never
even bothered to produce an alternative means of firmware upgrade.

Brian