[nycphp-talk] PHP IDE

Felix Zaslavskiy felix at students.poly.edu
Wed Jan 15 13:11:12 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ophir Prusak" <ophir at prusak.com>
To: "NYPHP Talk" <talk at nyphp.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 12:02 PM
Subject: [nycphp-talk] PHP IDE

> Hi All,
>
> I'm currently thinking of moving to a "real" IDE for PHP development.
> Until now I've only been using "text editors" for my PHP development
(namely
> emacs and textpad).
>
> The only "requirement" is that I can trace through my PHP code (preferably
> running on a Linux based server and not just my PC)
> Until now the development cycle has always been code -> copy to server ->
> run PHP script -> see what happens.

You can have it all actualy for free if you using windows.
PHPEdit at www.phpedit.net
Get the latest dev version and download the latest dgb debuger with latest
php version.
The installation can be a bit confusing but its worth it anyway cause its
free.
I found the debuger is pretty stable now.
You can put
DebugBreak() calls into your code and it works as just in time debuging were
anytime execution gets to that part of the code it will break into the IDE.