[nycphp-talk] Problems with require and variables

Analysis & Solutions danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Thu Jan 16 02:07:16 EST 2003

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 11:35:27PM -0500, Phil Powell wrote:

> However, when display.php finishes being "required", I lose all of my
> variables that I need for view.php.  How do I retain them?? How can I
> ensure that these variables in display.php will also exist in view.php?

Once it's required, everything that's happened is still there.  It's as if
you had one big file rather than multiple smaller files.

Chances are you are trying to use those variables in functions in which
you didn't global the array.

--Dan

--
               PHP classes that make web design easier
    SqlSolution.info  | LayoutSolution.info |  FormSolution.info