[nycphp-talk] Camera/Video Equipment Needed for LinuxWorld Expo

Brian brian at preston-campbell.com
Fri Jan 17 12:27:07 EST 2003

They are great devices, the video quality is decent and they have FTP, SMTP
and a lot of other features.  The video servers allow custom scripts in PHP3
which is how I got involved with the company I now work for, one of the
largest resellers in the Northeast.

If anyone is interested, you can hit my camera from the web and see my street
in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.  Take it easy on the server, however, they have
trouble with more than 10 concurrent connections.  Higher traffic sites
require constant FTPing of images to a refreshed image on a web page.
http://141.155.36.87:69

The capture would be written directly to a hard drive simply by saving the
image file.  It creates a motion jpeg that can then be converted to AVI,
mpeg, or whatever format is needed.  Obviously an event like this Q&A session
could also be webcast from the same camera.

Brian