[nycphp-talk] NYC Freelance rates

Oktay Altunergil nyphp at altunergil.com
Mon Jan 20 12:02:17 EST 2003

I think you're both right. There are a lot of people who'll work for even $10/hour (even for free). But there are also others that get paid well over $40/hr.

If it's a question of fairness, i think the latter is more like it. However, you can't completely ignore something called 'supply and demand'. I would try to let them know that you probably have more experience than those people and can get the job done faster and better. If you can differentiate yourself and build a trust relationship with the people involved, I am willing to believe that they'd still pay you the fair rate.

oktay