[nycphp-talk] NYC Freelance rates

Bradley Baumann bradley at bestweb.net
Mon Jan 20 12:17:35 EST 2003

Ed,

    I charge anywhere from 80-120+ an hour. Completely depends on the job,
and the company.
    Someone wanted me to do a job at 3am once, to save their company because
their huge ecommerce site was launching the same day, and it wasn't working.
Obviously, I'd take this into consideration, too. I charged ~250/hr.
    Honestly, I think charging 40-50/hr isn't professional ($10/hr is almost
childish -- Babysitters charge more.). If you're a beginner just trying to
get some money, perhaps that fee is appropriate -- but if you're a
professional who knows your stuff and know you can get the job done faster
then most others, I defiantly believe that a higher price is more than
acceptable.

Food for thought.
-Bradley Baumann