Cannot show reuploaded image file on page unless manual refresh

Phil Powell soazine at erols.com
Mon Jan 20 16:49:22 EST 2003

I am using the following header() functions to force view.php to not cache:

header("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");    // Date in the past
header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT");
                                                     // always modified
header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");  // HTTP/1.1
header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false);
header("Pragma: no-cache");                          // HTTP/1.0

However, when a user reuploads a file in manage.php, it does a form post onto manage.php and reuploads the file (which I verified works).  However, when redirected via header() to view.php, they still see their OLD image file, NOT the new one!  Unless I manually refresh the page, they never see it, until they manually refresh the page, then the new image file appears!

I am handling file uploading this way:  If they select another file to upload, the old file is deleted and the new file uploaded.

Any suggestions?

Thanx
Phil