[nycphp-talk] Logfile analysis

Ophir Prusak ophir at prusak.com
Tue Jan 21 10:28:57 EST 2003

Analog can do this and MUCH more.
It even breaks it down to something like:

500 requests total for page.php
200 for page.php?section=a
100 for page.php?something=blah
etc.

It's also probably the fastest logfile analysis program out there.

Only two downsides:
1. The output isn't as pretty as some other packages, but there's even a
program called report magic which ads nice graphs to the output.
2. It's not as user friendly as it could be. (you'll need to read the docs
if you want to change anything).

For more info, see http://www.analog.cx/
a sample report is at http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/webstats/stats.html

ophir