[nycphp-talk] How do I find email patterns in a query string in a text and urlescape them?

Analysis & Solutions danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Tue Jan 21 23:22:28 EST 2003

Hi Phil:

Before I get started, in the future, please fix your email software so it
wraps lines at around 77 characters.  That'll save everyone who wants to
help you some time not having to reformat your emails.

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 08:38:54PM -0500, Phil Powell wrote:

> $stuff = "Hi my name is Phil, my email is xx at yy.com and you can find me
> at http://www.xx.yy?username=xx@yy.com";
>
> What I want to do is to "validate" all patterns resembling an email
> address EXCEPT those found within the query string of a URL.

So, why not just skip over whatever's a URI and then do the validate
whatever's left?  Before we start giving you code, I just wanted to check
that this direction is acceptable.

--Dan

--
               PHP classes that make web design easier
    SqlSolution.info  | LayoutSolution.info |  FormSolution.info