[nycphp-talk] NYC Freelance rates

louie louie at zibi.co.il
Wed Jan 22 22:31:02 EST 2003

greetings folks,

well, i work for NYC company for 6 months free,
on some projects,
doing more than just PHP(,net\\vb\\perl), just to get my H1 visa,
i think, you should charge per project, not  Per hour,
that what i do, after you got the project done, you charge BTH.
for service.
give a fair price for the project,
and keep everyone happy.

funny story, the only company that wanted to
give me a full time job,
and pay for my H1 had an openning
for A+ and networking shit.
i remember saying the hell with it, why not?!,
the very next day,
i got my first call
it was a man with window XP,
the problem? my mouse want move.
i shake it, i tilt it, nothin', he sad.
i put him on hold,
and quit, work as bus boy for 2 months,
until i got the other gig.   ^_^

just a personal story,
and i know alot of people that tryed
to get H1 via companies just to relocate from other countries,
guess some of them here

best regards,
louie.

-"