[nycphp-talk] Re: Pictures

Adam Fields fields at surgam.net
Thu Jan 23 09:44:05 EST 2003

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 03:06:44AM -0500, George Webb wrote:
> 	Also, what is the device pictured in the background of
> http://www.aquick.org/pictures/lwe_2003_day1/IMG_4528.JPG
> and http://www.aquick.org/pictures/lwe_2003_day1/IMG_4554.JPG ?  Is it
> an input device?  (I'm interested in alternative human-interface devices
> because of all the repetitive stress of typical CRT/keyboard workstations.)

It's a DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) pad. The game flashes directions
at you and you have to tap the right key with your feet. Rule #1 of
demoing a DDR pad at a linux show: get some women to do it for you.

--
				- Adam

-----
Adam Fields, Managing Partner, fields at surgam.net
Surgam, Inc. is a technology consulting firm with strong background in
delivering scalable and robust enterprise web and IT applications.
http://www.adamfields.com