[nycphp-talk] Sessions

e_dave drodriguez1 at mac.com
Tue Jan 28 16:48:58 EST 2003

OK, but all I did was enter the usual  META TAG info.  So I take it you
might be talking about something else.

What is happening is that on the page "frontpage.php" one enters their
user name and password.
Then the same page is called to verify the user and create a session
with the user's info.
Now using the header() function, frontpage.php is called once more with
the session id on the end of the URL.  And when I try to access the
user's info such as
if (isset($HTTP_SESSION_VARS['userID'])){
	echo $HTTP_SESSION_VARS['userName'];
}
  I get nothing unless I say start_session() before the if statement.
However doing that triggers the error I mentioned earlier.

D.