[nycphp-talk] Question about encryption

Joshua Glenn wheelie at acedsl.com
Tue Jul 8 11:51:34 EDT 2003

Hey All,

I'm working on a site and the client has made the username and password for
members of the site a combination of their ID and lastname. I know, it's
terribly unsecure, but none the less that's what I have to work with. So, a
username looks like 123456GLENN and the password (which is also their ID)
would be 123456. The ID of a member needs to be passed in the URL on
occasion and I was thinking of using some sort of encryption on the ID in
the URL. However, after looking at the different encryption methods I'm a
bit confused and wondering if anybody out there has a better idea.

Thanks,
Josh