[nycphp-talk] embedding one web page in another

joe joehark at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 10 06:20:57 EDT 2003

Total newbie question. I'm trying to create a web page that will include a
complete secure page from page from a site where I am an affiliate. My
goal, eventually, is to put this secure page in a table on one of my pages.
As the first step, I've learned to embed using Yahoo as an example. But
when I change the URL from Yahoo to the secure page, I'm getting error
messages.

The example below (url_test04.php) substitutes XXXs for the affilaite ID
code but in reality I'm using the right code and it opens normally in my
browser.

here's what works:

QUOTE

<head>

</head>

<?php

$theurl='http://www.yahoo.com';

  if (!($fp = fopen($theurl, 'r'))) { echo 'Could not open URL'; exit; }
$contents = fread($fp, 1000000);

echo $contents;

?>

END QUOTE

But when I change to:

$theurl='https://secure.onlineaccess.net/cart/manage.php?ID= XXXXXXXXXX' ;

I get the following errors:

Warning: Unable to access
https://secure.onlineaccess.net/cart/manage.php?ID=XXXXXXXXXXXXX in
/home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/url_test04.php on line 13

Warning:
fopen("https://secure.onlineaccess.net/cart/manage.php?ID=XXXXXXXXXXX",
"r") - No such file or directory in
/home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/url_test04.php on line 13
Could not open URL

Suggestions greatly appreciated regarding what I'm overlooking.