[nycphp-talk] $_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] and Javascript historyobject

Phil Powell soazine at erols.com
Mon Jul 14 16:48:56 EDT 2003

Will the previous page have any form elements? If so, within a form within pageA.php you can have this:

<input type=hidden name=refURL value=<?= $PHP_SELF ?>>

Calling this form variable in pageB.php would ensure that they came from pageA.php

You can also do this in a query string, however, a better solution would be some kind of unique key, such as

pageB.php?var1=blah&var2=foo&...&uniqueKey=ICameFromPageA.php&...

That way you look for some unique string that could only have come from pageA.php.

HTH

Phil