[nycphp-talk] IIS 5 and PHP with User Access

Keith Richardson keithjr at war3.com
Wed Jul 16 10:57:47 EDT 2003

Say you click this form:

<form name="form1" method="post" action="admin.editcal.php">
<input type="hidden" name="method" value="edit">
<input type="hidden" name="calid" value="12">
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Edit Calendar 12">
</form>

And in the top of the admin.editcal.php

if (empty($_POST['method']))
  $method = "index";
else
  $method = $_POST['method'];

switch ($method)
{
  case "index":
    // display code to show the list of calendars to edit
    break;
  case "edit":
    // edits 1 calendar
    break;
  case "save":
    // saves the calendar
    break;
}

and it goes to the index page when i click the forms.

i changed it to accept not just the $_POST['method'] variable, but also
$method, and then had a link saying <a
href="admin.editcal.php?method=edit&calid=12">Edit Calendar 12</a> and it
would go into the edit form, but the form would not submit.

All of the origional code works right, if you do not go to an
authenticated page through IIS (right-click on page, properties, directory
access, edit, disallow anonymous, integrate NT authentication)