[nycphp-talk] Https & IE & secure/insecure items

Jeff jsiegel1 at optonline.net
Thu Jul 17 12:09:36 EDT 2003

I believe there is a known bug in IE that, when using https, it has
difficulty resolving objects (images, links) if they use relative paths
so a user can sometimes see a message that says there are secure and
insecure items on a page. The workaround, as I understand it, is to use
a full path to the object(s). The question is, then, whether the path
should be something like "/index.php" or does IE prefer
"https://mydomain.com/index.php" ?

Jeff
P.S. Unfortunately I can't locate the MS Knowledgebase article dealing
with this issue...maybe someone knows the URL?