[nycphp-talk] Way to simulate slow connection on localhost?

Tracy tech_learner at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 00:53:15 EDT 2003

Hi NYPHPers,
would this help?
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/performance.html
especially the tools section?

Tracy

Hans Zaunere <hans at nyphp.org> wrote:

Winston Churchill-Joell wrote:

> Thanks, John -- this looks like it might do it.
>
> Best,
> Winston
>

> On Sunday, July 13, 2003, at 11:45 PM, John W. Markert wrote:
>
>> Winston...
>>
>> I don't have any experience with the following, but I remembered reading
>> about it. Perhaps you can confibure your server to simulate a slow
>> connection.
>>
>> http://www.linux-mag.com/2003-02/lamp_01.html

Something else you may also look at is using some of the available firewalling tools, which essentially drops packets on purpose. Although I don't know exactly what's available under Jaguar, under FreeBSD there's dummynet (I think other's, but they escape me at the moment) and Linux has a flavor-of-the-month solution *duck* :)

http://project.honeynet.de/papers/honeynet/dc.html