[nycphp-talk] XSLT extension (compiling and installing PHP 4)

Matthew Zimmerman mz34 at nyu.edu
Thu Jul 24 10:12:15 EDT 2003

Hi,

Wondering if anyone on here has compiled and installed PHP with the
XSLT extensions. I know the process involves installing Expat and
Sablotron and then compiling PHP with  "--enable-xslt
--with-xslt-sablot"

The compiling works fine for me. But at "make" I get an error

/usr/local/lib/libsablot.so: undefined reference to `operator
new[](unsigned)'
/usr/local/lib/libsablot.so: undefined reference to `vtable for
__cxxabiv1::__si_class_type_info'
/usr/local/lib/libsablot.so: undefined reference to `operator
delete(void*)'
/usr/local/lib/libsablot.so: undefined reference to
`__gxx_personality_v0'
/usr/local/lib/libsablot.so: undefined reference to `__cxa_pure_virtual'
/usr/local/lib/libsablot.so: undefined reference to `vtable for
__cxxabiv1::__class_type_info'
/usr/local/lib/libsablot.so: undefined reference to `operator
delete[](void*)'
/usr/local/lib/libsablot.so: undefined reference to `vtable for
__cxxabiv1::__vmi_class_type_info'
/usr/local/lib/libsablot.so: undefined reference to `operator
new(unsigned)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [sapi/cli/php] Error 1

This is my first time compiling and installing PHP from source. I
always used packages before. Not sure if my problem is in the Expat
install, Sablotron install but they seemed to go ok.

There is a paragraph on php.net that says

"Make sure you have the same libraries linked to the Sablotron library
as those, which are linked with PHP. The configuration options:
--with-expat-dir=DIR --with-iconv-dir=DIR are there to help you specify
them."

But I wasn't sure what to do with that.

I am running:
Red Hat 8