[nycphp-talk] Simple form-based selection and cookie-setting/g etting

Rolan rolan at datawhorehouse.com
Thu Jul 31 12:57:10 EDT 2003

If client side cookies were enabled, you could set the expiration for 1
yr ahead or something.
If the client did not accept cookies, then you'd have to go server-side
of course.
I'm not sure that requiring registration/logins is practical, since, if
the client can not
store cookies, the user would have to enter a login/password every time
anyway.
And in doing so, it is more cumbersome (more key taps and clicks) than
clicking
once to select the media player preference for the session.

~Rolan