[nycphp-talk] TCL, PHP and cookies - AUGH!

Phil Powell soazine at erols.com
Thu Jul 31 13:58:14 EDT 2003

Ok now it has turned to the bizarre.

In /cma/index.php, which sets the cookie:

setcookie('username', $username, time() + 600);
header("Location...");

It redirects to the TCL CGI /cma_main.cgi which in turns does NOT see the
cookie name "username" ever set.  I go to my /Phil/Cookies folder for the
cookie under the "valsignalandet.com" domain and, sure enough, "username" is
not set.  However, $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS["username"] DOES exist every time I go
to /cma/index.php thereafter, in spite of nothing else showing a cookie
exists.

So, in short, "setcookie()" in PHP is setting a nonexistent cookie.

Phil