Big MySQL Problem

Christopher R. Merlo cmerlo at turing.matcmp.ncc.edu
Wed Jun 4 07:50:36 EDT 2003

Folks:
I'm not quite sure what to do about this one.  Hopefully you guys can
help.

MySQL on my server is running at 99% CPU, as reported by top.
Anything that tries to access it (my web site, mysqldump, mysqladmin)
waits forever.  I rebooted the server, and MySQL is still eating up
the CPU.  I only found one log file in /usr/local/mysql/var, and it's
dated from 2002.  How can I figure out what's wrong, fix the problem,
and or restart MySQL so that it will work properly?

TIA,
-Chris

--
cmerlo at turing.matcmp.ncc.edu        http://turing.matcmp.ncc.edu/~cmerlo

We're sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary.  Please
rotate your phone ninety degrees and try again.  Thank you.