[nycphp-talk] Segmentation Fault, "Document contains no data" error

Hans Zaunere zaunere at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 12:20:27 EDT 2003

--- elvire dardier <nygini at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody!
> I installed Apache 2 (--enable-so) with PHP (--with-gd
> --with-oci8 --with-oracle). I also installed Oracle9i.
> My problem is that php doesn't work with Oracle9i
> properly. It connects once or twice and next time I
> open php web page with connection to Oracle it gives
> me the error message "Document contains no data" and
> "Segmentation fault (11)" in Apache's error log. Does

I think there may be some issues with 9i.  Maybe this thread is useful:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-dev&m=105401894714175&w=2

> enybody have the idea what's going on? I'm shure that
> the php page works on Apache-PHP-Oracle8i. I think
> that php has some problem with connection to Oracle9i.
> Was enybody able to get it work with Oracle9i at all?

I haven't worked with 9i yet, but I think it's generally recommended to
compile PHP --enable-sigchild.  Also, if you're using persistent connections,
use non-persistent connections and see if that helps at all.  Granted, you
may need persistent connections, but it may be possible to get around it:

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=15390