[nycphp-talk] windows version of mysql user question

Jerry Kapron nyphp at NewAgeWeb.com
Fri Jun 6 21:55:36 EDT 2003

I just realized that I did not really answer your questions.

>  What is Host '%'?
It means "from any host".

> Do you know why the mysql windows version creates host '%' in the user
> table?

All versions do that.

> When I try logging on I get:
> C:\\>mysqlc -h %
> ERROR 2005: Unknown MySQL Server Host (%) (1)

'%' does not identify any specific host. Use 'localhost' if you are connecting from the same machine.

Jerry