[nycphp-talk] Any PHP users here also know TCL?

James Wetterau jwjr at extra.surgam.net
Sat Jun 7 20:10:39 EDT 2003

From: james at surgam.net
--text follows this line--

Adam Fields says:
> On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 05:42:09PM -0400, soazine at pop.erols.com
wrote:
> > Thanx for your solution.  Now I have to face another issue.  The
"pollID
> > $pollID" elements that were joined together into one element in
the same
> > list now have to be broken apart within the same list.  How do I
do that
> > too?
>
> I'd recommend using absolute quoting (braces) instead of double
> quotes when you build your list in the first place. Braces are
> technically the sub-list operator.

The one thing to remember about doing that is that braces don't do
variable expansion, so in the case where the value of variable $pollID
is 2, {pollID $pollID} expands to a string "pollID $pollID", whereas
"pollID $pollID" expands to "pollID 2".  I noticed that in some cases
Phil was relying on variable expansion.