variables_order

Brian Pang bpang at bpang.com
Wed Jun 11 11:00:26 EDT 2003

going back to a topic similar to the "Re: IIS: $_SERVER & referer" of
mid-May

A server I am using has variables_order set to "no value" when viewed
with PHPINFO()

Using ini_set("variables_order", "EGPCS") PHPINFO() shows the local
value as being changed, yet I am unable to access any values in those
arrays.

Apparently ini_set is not reliable on all config settings, but I find it
strange that PHPINFO() showed the modification.

Am I doing something wrong or missing something else here?

thanks...

p.s. oddly enough, the server has register_globals ON, but no value in
variables_order, but my dev box has register_globals off (as it should
be) and I need to make smooth transition between the environments