Something better than session variables?

Peter Balogh palexanderbalogh at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 12 11:40:56 EDT 2003

Hello all--

We have multiple users accessing a big tree of data that's very
expensive to calculate each time. Ideally, it would be great to have
the tree drawn once and then have all the other users access it as
though it were a global SESSION variable visible to all users.

First of all, is there such a thing as a SESSION variable that's
visible to all?

And then, to send the pie even further into the sky, is there a way to
have a SESSION variable that's held in RAM instead of written to a flat
file?  (Yes, I'm getting greedy in terms of speeding things up.)

Any information and/or links would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter