[nycphp-talk] question about retrieving records..

David Mintz dmintz at panix.com
Wed Jun 18 09:53:39 EDT 2003

Have a look at http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysql.php et seq.

You don't say which mysql_fetch_xxxx() function your friend is calling, If
it's mysql_fetch_row() he should expect a numerically indexed array. If
it's mysql_fetch_array() he can pass in a second argument indicating what
he wants: assocative or number indices or both, which is supposed to be
the default. See
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-fetch-array.php

HTH.

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Joshua S. Freeman wrote:

> My friend is doing some development on my box.  When he returns a row from a
> query, it isn't coming back as a hash  (i.e. $row['field_name']), but only
> as an array (i.e. $row[n]). He tells me that all versions of php he's worked
> with have done this automatically. Is there some config setting I need to
> change on my system to manage this behavior? ...
>
> TIA,
>
> J.

---
David Mintz