[nycphp-talk] MySQL and spaces in data

Analysis & Solutions danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Thu Jun 19 12:23:10 EDT 2003

Hi Jeff:

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 11:11:50AM -0400, Jeff wrote:

> <input name="ALFA-ROMEO|1600 DUETTO SPIDER" type="checkbox" value="1">

While some folks have suggested using string replace functions on the
incomming data, I beg to differ.

Text values like that aren't meant for name fields.  Perhaps swap the
value and name fields?  Or for the name and/or value fields, use
id numbers from the database.  The name could even be an array, such as:

   name="car[123]"

allowing your receiving script to loop through all of the "car" array
elements with a foreach statement.

Without knowing the more context of what you're trying to do, it's hard to
give more solid guidance.

--Dan

--
     FREE scripts that make web and database programming easier
           http://www.analysisandsolutions.com/software/