[nycphp-talk] zend studio debugger

Hans Zaunere zaunere at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 3 09:46:00 EST 2003

--- David Vogel <davevgl at yahoo.com> wrote:
> 4.3.1 is the local version that I'm using.  Unfortunately I work at a
> university and the server environment is not under my control, so
> installing the zend debug server there is not really an option.

This can put you in a difficult situation.  If you're developing an
application that requires special extensions compiled it, for example LDAP,
running a local PHP version in Windows won't get you very far.

I generally write for Oracle enabled PHP and I have no desire to set things
up in Windows.  So, I install the debugger remotely, or use a lot of echo
statements  :)  That said, if this is a development server you're working on
(it is, right?) they should accomodate you and install the debugger.