[nycphp-talk] Cool new feature on php.net

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Mon Mar 3 14:07:25 EST 2003

--- Adam Fields <fields at surgam.net> wrote:
> Oh, also - more details (including instructions on how to set up
> similar things for your own Apache server) are here:
>
> http://www.php.net/urlhowto.php

My favorite "cool" thing similar to this is mentioned in one of Rasmus's talks:

http://talks.php.net/show/oscon2002/52

Basically, you generate images on-demand using a 404 handler. But, the cool
part is that once generated, future requests for that image will not generate
the 404, so the image will not be regenerated. It's dynamic only as much as
necessary. :-)

Chris