[nycphp-talk] Cool new feature on php.net

Chris Snyder chris at psydeshow.org
Mon Mar 3 14:15:10 EST 2003

Hey! This strikes me as a really great way to mix dynamic content with
static. The way php.net enables this feature is to use an Apache
directive to invoke a script if the requested page isn't found:

># Handle errors with local error handler script
>     ErrorDocument 401 /error/index.php

But another way to look at this is just the opposite: for most requests,
I want the script to generate a page dynamically based on the request.
But every now and then (a cache for popular pages, say, or an override)
a page will actually exist at the requested URI, which will then be served.

Off to experiment I go!

    chris.

--
If US military spending was cut by 1/6th, we could spend $100 billion on the arts, with change.
Imagine: culture instead of killing.