[nycphp-talk] Bulletin Major Internet vulnerability discovered in e-mail protocol

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Mon Mar 3 16:24:27 EST 2003

You have to love headlines like that:

"Major Internet vulnerability discovered in e-mail protocol"

So, are we to assume that a vulnerability was found in the Internet (whatever
that means)? Or, are we supposed to assume the vulnerability is in IMAP, SMTP,
or POP?

This article is just talking about the sendmail vulnerability, if you can
manage to read through the sensationalist BS. :-) It is definitely worth
attention, however, and my systems are already patched.

Chris