[nycphp-talk] installing PHP extensions

Nicholas Noor nnconcerts at msn.com
Fri Mar 14 16:48:51 EST 2003

What is the cleanest way to install php,

I know I do have to add a
LoadModule php_module libexec/libphp4.so
AddType application /x-httpd-php .php

Syntax error on line 253 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Can't locate API module structure `php_module' in file
/usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: undefined symbol:
php_module
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

This is the message I get..
Without these lines I get the code on the webpage. I also tried module as
DSO and another time I compiled with Module Static but with DSO support.

These are the compiled-in modules. Please let me know what could I do next?

Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_log_config.c