[nycphp-talk] PHP/MySQL based solution for sending bulk email?

Ophir Prusak ophir at prusak.com
Tue Mar 18 15:48:23 EST 2003

Hey Steve,

With your list of required features and the need for something that is truly
automated (200k addresses) I'd go with something commercial. Obviously there
must be a budget for this since you're currently outsourcing it. There are
still a lot of variables like how many emails per month sent, avg size of
email, how people subscribe / unsubscribe, more detail about the features
you need, etc.

You can find a pretty good list of software at:
http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Internet/Servers/Mail/Lis
t_Management/

I've used Lyris myself and only have good things to say about it. Not cheap,
but you get what you pay for.

As mentioned before, you might want to consider getting a managed server
(like a rackshack $100 a month machine).

I'd be more than happy to continue discussing this off list.

ophir ophir at prusak.com