Insert 1.8 million rows of data

jsiegel1 at optonline.net jsiegel1 at optonline.net
Sat Mar 22 13:33:39 EST 2003

Here's an interesting problem. Hopefully someone has a solution.

I have a text file of 1.8 million rows of data. I parse each row, dynamically generate an "INSERT" statement, then execute the query. Well, it doesn't work because PHP/MySQL chokes on it. I've set the timeout limit to zero and that solved the PHP issue but then MySQL gave me error 28 (essentially insufficient temp space on the drive) yet cleaning out files didn't solve the problem.

So...anyone encounter a similar problem like this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jeff