Pass by reference has been deprecated?

Pinyo Bhulipongsanon pinyo at nyc.rr.com
Thu May 1 22:58:08 EDT 2003

Hello,

I need your expert help please. Can someone tell me more information about
this warning?  If the pass-by-reference is going away, then how do I change
the value of multiple variables through a function?

Thank you so much for your help.

Pinyo

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed
by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration
of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time
pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in
your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in
/usr/www/users/markzill/marktaw/commenter/commenter.php on line 22