[nycphp-talk] XML files

gadhra bfeqx44002 at sneakemail.com
Tue May 6 17:00:50 EDT 2003

I would have to agree with Gary on this one.  As far as I can tell, if
you're processing a million xml files, you're going to be limited by
hardware requirements on your Windows box; if you want to speed the i/o
up, get a Cheetah or more processor power/RAM.  If you do the coding for
the xml dump on the fly, you're going to cut down your access time
signficantly (I would imagine).  As it is, even just reading the file
directory of a million files is going to hang (or crash!) your PC.

+gadhra+