[nycphp-talk] XML files

soazine@pop.erols.com soazine at pop.mail.rcn.net
Tue May 6 17:40:46 EDT 2003

Importing the XML files into a database is an ideal solution,
unfortunately, not always an available one, such as in my case.  I have
space on a remote server where database access is very expensive (it's my
own site and out of my price range to afford db access), so I have to
resort to XML as well.  PHP parses XML extremely fast and efficiently; I
highly recommend it.

I'd use PHP's available XML parsers along with grouping them into
directories sorted by a date or some other delimiter to allow for smaller
amount of files per directory.

Phil